Our goal is to develop a group from academia, industry and government that will invest in the success of University of Michigan Space Institute activities. This includes:
- Identify needs of external stakeholders for research and education.
- Connect UM researchers to external collaborators.
- Recruit collaborators coordinate on large, space-centric challenges.
- Build an external advising network
- Foster regular conversation and opportunities for investment.
Every alumni of the University of Michigan has a department or program that they call home. The Space Institute highly encourages alumni to connect with their home program and become involved in their activities.
The External Stakeholder Interactions program within the Space Institute seeks to coordinate the space-related departments and programs in their relationships with alumni and friends. We will help you connect with your home program, as well as create new ways for you to become involved with the exciting projects and courses at the University of Michigan.
We are especially interested in connecting alumni and friends with student project work, either in courses or clubs, to enable students to have direct interactions with those outside of the academic sphere in the “real world.” We also want to forge partnerships between business and industry with our faculty, generating new ideas for joint projects and ventures.
U-M Aerospace Engineering